The issue of snoring has been a major concern for many families, especially couples. Many couples feel uncomfortable at night when their partner snores. In this article, we look at the causes of snoring and easy ways to end it.
First of all, let us look at what snoring is. Snoring is a sound that occurs when sleeping as airflow causes the tissues in the back of the throat to vibrate.
According to health experts, the sound of snoring usually occurs as you inhale, and it can happen any time while you sleep.
There are several home remedies for snoring, but let’s look at the common causes of it.
3. Being overweight or obese
5. Congestion from colds or the flu
7. Muscle relaxants and other drugs
8. Nasal deformities (such as a deviated septum or nasal polyps)
9. Drinking Alcohol
10. Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
11. A long soft palate or long uvula
Now that we have seen some of the causes of snoring, let us look at some easy ways to end it.
1. Try not to sleep on your back.
2. If you are too fat, try to lose weight.
3. Stop the excessive intake of alcohol.
4. Don’t take muscle relaxants (talk to your doctor before stopping any prescription medication, and ask about alternatives).
5. Use an anti-snoring pillow to sleep.
6. Ensure you quit smoking.
7. Before you sleep, take a hot shower to open the sinuses.
8. Use nasal strips to open nasal passages.
9. If allergies cause snoring, change your bed sheets regularly.
10. Practice throat exercises
11. Use a humidifier or vaporizer.