Travelling out to other parts of the world has been the dreams of many and several perosns has been asking of the necessary documents needed before embarking on an international travels.
You ought to pay serious attention to every detail of the documents you are asked to provide, because this pandemic has changed domestic and international travels processes.
Yes, One of the common requirement for entry into a new destination is proof of a negative COVID-19 test within a certain timeframe (72-hours mostly). Many are also requiring travel insurance, with coverage requirements varying by destination
When traveling, be sure to keep your proof of health insurance and COVID-19 test results in an easily accessible location as they may be required at different times.
1. A self-help antigen rapid test kit – Although, rapid antigen testing is not recognized by some countries for travel purposes, the test kits help in providing a quick result about one’s COVID-19 status.
2. A Yellow Card (for traveling to/transiting through African countries)/travel insurance. In the wake of COVID-19 emergency, travel insurance with international coverage is now essential. Several countries are also mandating the same for Yellow Card before admitting tourists, or those transisting.
Passengers may be required to take a second COVID-19 test in the transit airport or at the final destination.
3. Filling country of choice passenger locator form/entry requirements
The Passenger Locator Form is a document essential for foreign travelers and returning citizens. They must fill out this form correctly so they will be able to enter the country.
The form must be completed online before arriving. If you have completed the passenger locator form for another country, you will still fill out another one for Nigeria as a returning citizen.
4. Negative PCR COVID-19 test result with a QR code – (Departure – 72 hours and 48 hours after arrival.
The COVID-19 PCR test is mandatory in many countries. Passengers who arrive in any country must carry a negative report within 72 hours if they want to avoid mandatory institutional quarantine.
All travellers are required to show a pre-departure negative test taken within three days of travel.
5. Proof of vaccination – Vaccination card duly signed and authorised with a QR code — The COVID-19 vaccination record card tells one what COVID-19 vaccine received, the date received it, and where one received it.
Thanks for visiting our site, we really appreciate and we hope you had a good read.